It is our pleasure to invite you to join us for what promises to be one of the most exciting global meetings on atherosclerosis,thrombosis and vascular biology; the XVIIIth International Symposium on Atherosclerosis (ISA 2018) to be held in Toronto, Canada from June 9-12, 2018.
Since 1966, the International Atherosclerosis Society (IAS) has held triennial meetings to bring together leading atherosclerosis researchers from across the globe. In its current form, the International Symposium on Atherosclerosis brings together scientists from over 65 constituent societies with over 17,000 active members. It remains today the premier meeting for international atherosclerosis research.
In keeping with the time-honored tradition of this worldclass symposium, ISA 2018 will bring together top clinicians, researchers, and health practitioners from around the world. In addition to delivering a comprehensive and high quality scientific program, this meeting will also provide an opportunity for its attendees to participate in public health awareness and innovation forums focused on cardiovascular health.
The ISA 2018 Symposium will be focused on cutting-edge research in the areas of atherosclerosis, thrombosis and vascular biology and will feature:
- 4-day program attracting 1500+ international professionals, organized in collaboration with opinion-leaders in atherosclerosis research from across the globe;
- 5 exciting program tracks including: Dyslipidemia, Epidemiology, Pathogenesis, Prevention and Therapeutics;
- 100+ internationally recognized speakers, leading plenary and parallel scientific sessions in basic, clinical and public health science of atherosclerosis; Global innovation and public health awareness forums;
- Pre- and post-meeting satellite symposia;
- Ground-breaking abstracts and scientific posters;
- Networking and collaboration hubs;
- Industry-sponsored social events, receptions, symposia, and faculty events;
- Opening ceremony gala
We have assembled an outstanding Scientific Program Committee, together with the IAS International Liaison Committee, to develop the highest quality scientific program.
Your participation in this symposium will support the ongoing international effort to reduce the impact of cardiovascular disease on a global scale. We have adopted the phrase “Connecting Hearts and Minds” as our motto for ISA 2018. You are personally invited to connect with us on this exciting global initiative.
We look forward to welcoming you to Toronto!
Scott Heximer, PhD
ISA 2018, Local Organizing
Robert Hegele, MD
ISA 2018, Scientific Program Chair