SUBMIT AN ABSTRACt
Abstract Submission NOW OPEN!
The ISA 2018 Scientific Program Committee invites the submission of abstracts on original work. Abstracts can be submitted for consideration for an oral or poster presentation. All successful abstracts will be published on the ISA 2018 website. Presenting authors must be registrants at the Symposium. All abstracts must be submitted online via the Symposium website using the online submission form.
How and when to submit
Critical Dates for the submission of abstracts
- Abstract Submission Opens: October 3, 2017
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 14, 2018
- Presenter Notification: March 1, 2018
- Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Opens: March 1, 2018
- Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Closes: March 19, 2018
- Presenter Registration Deadline: April 2, 2018 Registration code for the abstract presenters will be sent directly after abstract submission.
During online abstract submission, authors will be requested to select their preferred method of presentation at the Symposium.
- Oral presentations - 10 minutes, excluding question time, in the Parallel Track sessions;
- Moderated poster session - High impact posters will be selected for a moderated poster session within the general poster sessions;
- General poster session - 60 to 90-minute time periods throughout the symposium at which poster presenters are expected to attend.
Presentation method preferences will be taken into account during the review and program development process.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Please read through the submission instructions below before preparing your abstract.
Step 1: Read the General Policies and Requirements for the submission of abstracts.
Step 2: Write your abstract, following the Abstract Guidelines.
Step 3: Select which Track & Theme best relates to your abstract.
Step 4: Review the Evaluation Criteria and Review Process for abstracts (below).
Step 5: Save your abstract text as a document on your computer. Abstracts must not exceed 350 words.
Step 6: Click the Abstract Submission button above to enter the Abstract Submission Form. It will be necessary to copy/paste the Microsoft Word copy of your abstract and add the author details.
Evaluation Criteria and Review Process
Abstracts will be independently reviewed and scored by a minimum of 3 reviewers in January/February 2018, using the following criteria:
- Clearly written
- Internally consistent
- Indicates aims or hypothesis of the research/paper
- Describes appropriate methods/methodology
- Describes relevant results/describes main findings
- Draws valid conclusions from results/findings
- Is relevant to the Symposium audience
Reviewer scores and comments will be strongly considered when developing the Symposium program and offering presentation slots.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Process
The late-breaking online submission form will be open from March 1-19, 2018. Abstracts detailing highly significant and timely findings in any area of atherosclerosis research that were not available at the time of the regular abstract deadline will be considered for presentation at the Symposium. Only those abstracts that are deemed to be of high scientific priority will be accepted. A special subcommittee of the Program Committee will evaluate the merit of late-breaking abstracts.
Late-breaking abstract submitters who are accepted to present at the Symposium will not benefit the Early Bird Registration deadline or be applicable for any travel grants.
ABSTRACT FORMAT GUIDELINES
The purpose of the abstract is to define the precise subject of the presentation to an audience.
Title: the abstract title should be a maximum of 140 characters, informative and contain major key words.
Authors: On the online abstract submission form, it is required to enter the authors’ first names and surnames (indicating the presenting author) including the names of institutions. Do not include degrees or professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof, etc,).
- Leave a line between sections but do not indent.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at the first mention and follow with the abbreviation in the parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
Keywords: add keywords that best matches with the content of the abstract.
ABSTRACT CONTENT GUIDELINES
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission form on this website (abstract submission button above).
- Abstracts should take the form of a paragraph of 350 words (the word count does not include the title, the author or the affiliation). Tables and figures will count as 50 words against the 350 word max. Abstracts exceeding the word limit will be returned for resubmission.
- Abstracts must be submitted in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- The abstract should state the problem being addressed, the purpose of the paper, basic procedures/methods, main findings and principle conclusions. If necessary, references should be minimally cited in the body of the abstract.
- Graphs and tables may be included in the abstract, provided they add value to the content and remain within the bounds of the template. Graphs/tables can be added as images (.jpg) or tables can be entered directly; max. 2 images can be added per abstract.
- Any funding support for research should be stated at the end.
Compliance to the specifications is imperative. Any abstract that does not comply with these specifications will not be accepted for review and will be returned to you by the Symposium Organisers for resubmission.
general policies & requirements for the submission of abstracts:
- As the IAS organizes a scientific meeting every 3 years, ‘encore’ abstracts previously accepted for presentation and/or publication are also accepted. In this case, authors must supply information regarding the original presentation, indicating the name of the meeting and publication number.
- Abstracts containing updated data may also be submitted to ISA 2018. In this case, additional information must be given specifying clearly which new data will be presented, for example final analysis of primary endpoint(s) or intermediate statistical analysis. Authors must at the same time also supply information regarding the original presentation for identification and comparison purposes, indicating the name of the meeting, year and publication number. Violation of this policy will result in a rejection of the submitted abstract.
- Should any similarities to prior presentations or publications exist, these must be explained in a covering letter, citing the ISA 2018 abstract submission number, title and first author, to the ISA Congress Program Manager by e-mail.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Submissions will be returned to the author without review if not in the correct format and must be resubmitted immediately in the correct format to be reviewed and considered for inclusion in the program.
- The presenting author only must submit the abstract.
- The presenting author will be required to register and pay for the conference to ensure their abstract(s) are included in the final program and abstract publication. Deadline for author registration is April 2, 2018.
- Do not resubmit an abstract for any reason other than a notified submission error. If you do not receive a confirmation email with a receipt number confirming that your abstract was successfully uploaded, please contact the Symposium organization at ISA firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly. After an author has submitted an abstract, he/she must check the submission, which will be converted to a PDF file, to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the appointed Symposium Abstract Reviewers.
- Faxed or mailed hard-copy abstracts or abstracts sent on disc/CD will not be accepted. If you are unable to submit via the website, please contact the Symposium Organization by email: ISA@scolars.com
DISCLAIMER REGARDING THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
The Symposium Organisers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.