CIHR-ICRH csatvb EARLY CAREER LECTURER AWARD
THE CIHR INSTITUTE OF CIRCULATORY AND RESPIRATORY HEALTH (CIHR-ICRH) AND CANDIAN SOCIETY OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS, THROMBOSIS, AND VASCULAR BIOLOGY (CSATVB) EARLY CAREER LECTURER AWARD
The CIHR Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health (CIHR-ICRH) and the Canadian Society of Atherosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology (CSATVB) have partnered on the 2018 International Symposium of Atherosclerosis Early Career Lecturer Award (ISA ECLA) to recognize the research excellence and innovation of an atherosclerosis, thrombosis and/or vascular biology Early Career Investigator (ECI) in Canada.
The award will be presented to the selected candidate at the 2018 International Symposium of Atherosclerosis (ISA 2018), where the recipient will give a keynote lecture as part of the scientific program. ISA 2018 is being held in Toronto, ON. from June 9–12, 2018. The ISA 2018 is the international gathering hosted by the CSATVB and the International Atherosclerosis Society that coordinates the exchange of scientific information and fosters research development to improve the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis.
A nominated candidate should be an outstanding ECI who is within the first 60 months of an independent research appointment at a recognized Canadian academic institution and has demonstrated research excellence and innovation relative to their career stage. Nominees may have conducted work in any one of a number of atherosclerosis, thrombosis and/or vascular biology disciplines and within any of the four CIHR research theme areas: Biomedical; Clinical; Health Systems and Services; and, Social, Cultural, Environmental and Population Health. The nominated candidate’s research should also be in a field of interest to the CSATVB and attendees of ISA 2018.
The award consists of a $1,000 honorarium in addition to coverage of all expenses (e.g., travel, accommodations, registration fee, etc.) for the recipient to attend the 2018 ISA and to deliver a lecture.
- Grant application deadline: March 30, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance:
- Quality of the nominee’s research and the extent to which the nominee has contributed to research excellence and innovation in the field(s) of atherosclerosis, thrombosis and/or vascular biology in Canada and internationally over the past 5 years relative to their career stage.
- Demonstrated strength, research capacity and experience of the proposed nominee in the field(s) of atherosclerosis, thrombosis and/or vascular biology in Canada and internationally; and
- Overall leadership potential in the field(s) of atherosclerosis, thrombosis and/or vascular biology in Canada and internationally.
How To Apply:
To apply, please email the following to Laura McQuillan at Lgreenbe@ualberta.ca before March 30, 2018:
- Nomination Form - download here
- See the CIHR-ICRH page for detailed eligibility requirements.